Re: [udig-devel] uDig-1.2-RC2 on OS X 10.6 missing GDAL Bindings? Yes...

Hi Jody,

So basically, you will disable the gdal library on Mac.  I think that will be helpful, especially if unsupported format files will not show up in the file chooser.  I, for one, will be less frustrated.  We should note that in the release note though.  Some Mac users may expect these formats to be supported by uDig.

I am all for sorting out what we need to put in the built to support gdal for Mac.

Tawan

On 14/05/2010, at 7:29 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Hi Twan:
>
> Now that uDig 1.2.0 development is settling down again perhaps we could go through the steps and figure out
> what needs to be built for gdal support; would it help if I turn off the log message that is generated?
>
> I have an outstanding request to GeoTools to ask what image format file extensions are available; if I can do that
> in a quiet manner then the message will no longer trouble your log ... and the user will not be presented with
> file extensions that don't work.
>
> Jody
>
> On 14/05/2010, at 12:26 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>> I think we are in the same spot yes.
>>
>> The answer is we need someone to build the native libraries. If you
>> have a mac perhaps you could volunteer?
>> There are prepackaged GDAL / PROJECT archives; it the bindings we need
>> generated.
>>
>> Have a look at an earlier release Jesse made that he modified the
>> plist settings to include two paths? I think it was 1.2-M6 but you
>> will need to ask on the email list. It used an earlier version of the
>> bindings which a volunteer compiled for us.
>>
>> Since this time the imageio-ext project updated to a newer version of
>> gdal; and no volunteer has stepped forward.
>>
>> Finally I am a bit stuck about your build not working? Your build
>> worked - the application is just telling you it cannot support those
>> file formats.
>> Nobody can support those file formats until we get a volunteer.
>>
>> Frankly I am no longer waiting for this functionality for uDig 1.2.0;
>> mac users can do without or step up and do the work.
>>
>> Jody
>>
>> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Tawan Banchuen
>> <t.banchuen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Jody,
>>> I am having a problem, which I believe you came across before as a fellow
>>> Mac user.  I tried the udig-devel list, but I have not gotten any responses.
>>> I cannot get my build to work correctly (see the stack trace below,
>>> especially in red).  From some Internet searching, I am missing a few native
>>> libraries in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and need to allow
>>> access to my gdal_data folder.
>>> Where can I obtain these native libraries? Is there a tutorial on how to
>>> configure the gdal_data folder? I am not quite sure where to find this
>>> folder.
>>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Tawan
>>> I am hoping you can help.
>>>
>>> !SESSION 2010-05-12 17:15:02.246
>>> eclipse.buildId=unknown
>>> java.version=1.6.0_17
>>> java.vendor=Apple Inc.
>>> BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
>>> Framework arguments:  -product
>>> net.refractions.udig.tutorial.seagulls.product
>>> Command-line arguments:  -product
>>> net.refractions.udig.tutorial.seagulls.product -data
>>> /Users/local/EC/tban019/Documents/Research/eclipse/maxosx64/udig-1.2-RC2-Eclipse3.5.2/../runtime-net.refractions.udig.tutorial.seagulls.product
>>> -dev
>>> file:/Users/local/EC/tban019/Documents/Research/eclipse/maxosx64/udig-1.2-RC2-Eclipse3.5.2/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/net.refractions.udig.tutorial.seagulls.product/dev.properties
>>> -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -consolelog
>>> !ENTRY net.refractions.udig.ui 1 0 2010-05-12 17:15:08.500
>>> !MESSAGE Unable to parse version from about.mappings file. Defaulting to a
>>> blank string.
>>> 2010-05-12 17:15:09.321 java[2009:903] Process manager already initialized
>>> -- can't fully enable headless mode.
>>> May 12, 2010 5:16:23 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities
>>> loadGDAL
>>> WARNING: Native library load failed.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
>>> gdaljni in java.library.path
>>> May 12, 2010 5:16:23 PM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
>>> WARNING: Native library load failed.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
>>> kdu_jni in java.library.path
>>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2010-05-12 17:16:27.115
>>> !MESSAGE NLS unused message: more in:
>>> net.refractions.udig.render.gridcoverage.basic.internal.messages

Back to the top