Re: [udig-devel] 1.2 M4

Hi Jody,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Daniele:

We are talking about this now since Emily was kindly looking at the
udig installer; giving us an oppertunity to present the license and
ask the question as you describe. What installer system do you use?

Our installer has been made with IzPack. This allows to define a licensePanel as well as some conditional elements.
User may select to install ECW support. In that case, the installer shows a licensePanel and the user can proceed with the installation only in case it accepts the license. (Otherwise it needs to go back and deselect the ECW support from the options and no ECW libs are installed).

perhaps we can share some of the work....we are focused on an JRE
install but the steps should be similar?

I can share with you the XML file containing the installer definition if you need it.

Jody

> the object or source code of the work and give Your end users the
> opportunity to decline these license terms and cease downloading the work
> that contains or uses the ECW/JP2 CODEC SDK in whole or in part.
> Therefore I think your installer should propose the ECW license before to
> proceed with the installation.
>
> As an instance, our windows installer won't install the ECW part in case the
> user doesn't accept the EULA which is displayed during the installation.
> Moreover in our imageio-ext links (the ones which don't provide the windows
> installer) we say to the users that they NEED to read the EULA before
> downloading our native libs leveraging on ECW.

Cheers,
Daniele

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer