Re: [udig-devel] Re: 1.2-M4 getting blocked on imageio-ext jre setup

Hi Jody,
the installer auto-detect the java JDK and install native libs on bin.
Basically, some customers asked to simplify the installer to avoid user defined path or manual setting of environment variables and let do all the things automatically. However, we could improve its behaviour but we should check whether the last installer-maker version does allow for better setting and customizations since Environment variable settings isn't well supported).

Anyway, smart users (having more experience in customization) may download, from the release subtree:
 - libraries section [1]:
     - imageio-ext required jars
     - gdal_data (containing CRS definitions needed by gdal to handle some crs by some drivers)
- native-libraries section [2]:
   - the proper OS specific set of native libs (Windows DLLs / Linux SOs).

[1]: https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11288&expandFolder=11288&folderID=11137
[2]: https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11287&expandFolder=11287&folderID=11137

Hope this helps.
Daniele