Re: [udig-devel] Printing plugin creates extra map and page+map

Good Afternoon Luke:

> G'day,
>
> When using the print plugin in uDig, I'm coming across a few issues. I'd
> like to clarify with someone whether they're know bugs, intended behaviour
> or something I'm doing wrong.

What version are you using; just so I know where we are starting from.

> 1) When I print a map, the preview page has lables on layers such as
> roadnames on roads. However, when it is sent to the printer, these lables
> are not printed.

This may be a mistake; if you look closely you may see the labels are
printed using the correct number of pixels - that is very very small.
This is a problem that was fixed on the development branch of uDig...

> 2) When I print a map, it opens up a preview window called "page+map".

This is not a preview; it is a new document in your project called a
page. You can print this page multiple times; and you can open up the
embeded Map in order to change the location being printed; or toggle
on and off a couple of layers.

On the development branch of uDig there is the option to directly
print a Map; rather then create a page based on a Map.

>  If I close uDig and reopen  it, i will then have 2 coppies of my map and a copy
> of this "page+map" window. Each time I print, I get an extra map and another
> "page+map".

The functionality you describe should be known as "new page" - it asks
for a template; produces a new page based around a copy of the map.
You can work on this modified version of the Map by choosing it in the
projects view.

Project
+- MapA <-- origional
+- PageA  <-- page
   \-- MapA <-- map being printed

> Is anyone aware of these issues and is there anything I can do about them?

I am trying to establish if you are seeing:
- bugs; or
- a workflow that is not clearly documented

Jody

Back to the top