Re: [udig-devel] udig-1.2-M3.linux.gtk.x86 locking up

Hi Jody,

Thanks so much for taking the time to try to help resolve this issue!

I really think this is a platform specific problem because 1.2-M3 runs
fine on my Mac.

Here are some more data points:

- This lock-up occurs with the udig-1.1.1-linux.gtk.x86 release as well.
- When I only use WMS layers from the "nasa jpl" link everything works
fine but when I use layers from other WMS servers that's when things
lock up.
- The difference I notice with the "nasa jpl" WMS server is that uDig
does not do a GetLegendGraphic request as it does with the other WMS
servers.
- When I run uDig in a debugger (or with jconsole) I see the worker
thread that's waiting on a lock is trying to create an icon.  I've
attached screen shots of jconsole showing the threads' stack traces.

To reproduce this problem simply click on any WMS link in the Web view
(sans "nasa jpl" - that one works), pick a layer and click finish.
Close uDig and re-run and watch it freeze.

Again, I firmly believe this is only happening on Linux.

Many thanks,
Rob