[udig-devel] udig-1.2-M3.linux.gtk.x86 locking up

Hi folks,

I'm on a CentOS 5.3 instance and I'm seeing lockups with 1.2-M3 under
jdk-6u13.  Here's how to do it:

- Remove any existing uDig workspace
- Run uDig
- Click on the Web tab at the bottom
- Click on the "jpl nasa" link and add the "Blue Marble, Global MODIS
derived image" resource
- Click Finish
- Let the map re-draw
- Click on the "dm solutions" link and the "Province" resource
- Click Finish
- Let the map re-draw
- Close uDig
- Run uDig again and witness the lock up

I first noticed this lock up doing some prototyping with the trunk
baseline.  I narrowed it down to what I believe is a deadlock
condition between two threads.  Initially I thought it was something I
was doing wrong, but now that I can reproduce it with the RCP I think
there is indeed a problem in the baseline.  I'll try to get some
jconsole screen shots and post them here.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

Rob

Back to the top