Re: [udig-devel] Disabling Modal Tools and categories

Jody,

In regards to the warning, it would be nice if it weren't a popup.  The user can't actually change the tool in a category in which all tools are disabled because clicking on the disabled tools doesn't do anything.  It's only clicking on the category icon that sets off the disabled tool and the warning.  Is it possible to disable the ModalToolCategory as a toolbar item when the modalTools are checked against the Properties listed in plugin.xml to see whether they're enabled?  That would beat the current way of trying to use a disabled tool.  Perhaps the category could just check for the tool being disabled before trying to call runCurrentTool();

I only tried to create a category-free Modal Tools as a workaround for this issue.  Normally, a one-tool category works just fine.

Thanks for your help.

- Andrew