Re: [udig-devel] Disabling Modal Tools and categories

Hi again.

Thinking a bit more clearly now.

The category system is only to allow the user to change the current
tool. What is producing the pop up is actually the Map; the map is
saying "oh no my tool does not work"; it does not know about any of
the other tools or categories; indeed you can change the map's tool
from anywhere.

Currently we have the following ways to change the maps tool:
- from the category user interface toolbar thing
- from a view toolbar (a few of the views have a toolbar button
allowing you to select the tool that works with that view)

I think the best fix here would be for the map to ignore its tool if
the tool is disabled; and set a message in the status bar; change the
cursor to an (/) and provide one of jesse's bubble pop ups if the user
clicks with an invalid tool.

Jody