[udig-devel] Disabling Modal Tools and categories

Good afternoon.  I'm working on a UDIG 1.1.0 plugin with Eclipse 3.3.3 RCP.  We're implementing a group of ModalTools within five categories.  We'd like to disable the tools according to an "enablement" on the tools in plugin.xml.
The good news is that the disabling of tools works great and happens when I want.  The bad news is that the category icons can still be clicked - this causes a warning box to pop up from UDig that says the tool won't work on the selected layer so I should pick another layer.  I'd really like that warning to not appear.  Any suggestions for how to get my category to behave the way I'd like?  Or how to split ModalTools out so they don't need to be in a category?

Thanks for your help.

- Andrew

Back to the top