Re: [udig-devel] udig-1.2 for linux and mac

Jody Garnett ha scritto:
I am not familiar with how things are done on linux; if you have a better set up instructions I am happy to choose that.

Please note that when we are done with uDig 1.2 we are going to be modifying the JRE heaviliy and placing GDAL and ImageIO-EXT code directly into the JRE. So these things are not going to be handled by app_get.

Reading on the GeoServer email list it looks like they are ready to take the ImageIO-EXT work mainstream - perhaps they have prepackaged JREs we could use of.

Nope, we don't. Remember GeoServer still requires a JDK, something
we cannot redistribute.
So what we do is to have binary packages and tell people where
to copy them (what folder in their JDK).

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime