[udig-devel] udig-1.2 for linux and mac

During todays informal IRC chat (logs posted?) it was mentioned that Silvia was stuck not being able to help until a linux or mac release was made of uDig 1.2.
I had a go during the IRC chat and failed - because some kind of equnox launcher was not "found" in my target platform...

So here we go:
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/udig-1.2-M1.linux.gtk.x86.zip
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/udig-1.2-M1.macosx.carbon.x86.zip

(Those files are uploading now ... no idea how long that will take)

Turns out that although it was not actually my eclipse install - which was my fear. Eclipse 3.4 has a new check box on the target platform definition screen which controls how all the jars are discovered- by default it ignores everything that does not work on your machine - so the linux launcher was not included for me even though I followed all the same steps as before.

Un checking this box returned things to normal; and I was able to make the linux and mac release.

We need to update the ADMIN wiki space on defining a target platform to include this step,
Jody

Back to the top