Re: [udig-devel] udig-1.2 for linux and mac

I have a few reports back that the linux download provided below does not work.

I expect that it probably wants a jre/ folder to be copied into the udig folder...or for Java to be available on the system?

I would like to ask someone to try .....
1. download the linux zip
2. unzip it
3. unzip the following jre into it http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/jre/jre1.6.0_04.linux.x86.zip

Actually one of the fun parts of uDig 1.2 is all the image-io ext stuff being included in the jre; I have this available for the windows users but we will need someone with access to linux to bundle everything up for the linux community as per the instructions here: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/04+Java+Runtime+Environment

Jody
Silvia Franceschi wrote:
Thanks Jody,
I downloaded the mac version and it started, so I can start also to do the walkthroug.

Thanks for the big work you all are doing in uDig...

Silvia