Re: [udig-devel] Custom symbology in Udig/Geotools

Yes you can - and about four people have done it before you (but nobody has ever donated it back which is why I can only tell you where to start).

Option 1 - write a custom udig renderer - a very good clear option and is good fun. Two teams have done this approach - start here: - http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/trunk/tutorials/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.render.csv/

Option 2 - write a custom geotools symbology rendering thingy? Cannot remember the name ... here is the proposal page. Two teams have done this.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Dynamic+SLD+Graphic+objects

Jody

jayansh wrote:
Hi,

I am new to udig/geotools. I am  trying to add custom symbols in Udig, But I
am not able to create new symbols. Please let me know how I can create
custom symbols in udig as it is very important for project I am doing.  I am
also willing to help in this if it is not implemented yet. Can I add
military symbols (MIL2525B) in Udig.

Thanks

Jayansh

Back to the top