Re: [udig-devel] Adding new datastore support in Udig

Not a bad hack; one I have done myself on occasion.

Two things:
1. You can make your hack seemless to uDig users in a read-only fashion; make a GPXGeoResource implementation that does the conversion into a tempoary shapefile on an as needed basis.

Here is an example: http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/community/lreed/net.refractions.udig.catalog.mitab/

2. You can create your own DataStore;

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/DataStore+Developers+Guide

I wrote that documentation a while ago; be sure to check the current source code in svn as you go.

Jody

jayansh wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Udig/Geotools. I am trying to add new data support in Udig, I am
successfully added MicroStation DGN and GPX files in Udig, But for adding
them I did some hack. I first converted them to shape files programmatically
(using OGR2OGR utilities) and then add each shape file to current map. But I
really want to know How I can extent existing Geotools' DataStore to support
DGN/GPX and other formatted files.
Thanks

Jayansh

Back to the top