Re: [udig-devel] take part

Chang, Elizabeth wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible for me to get svn access so I can create a directory in the community section?

Of course; let me ask our sys admin here to set you up.

I am located in Northern VA/Washington DC area in the US, part of a non-profit company called Noblis (www.noblis.org <http://www.noblis.org/>). We are involved in some GIS work, currently mostly using ESRI. We are really excited about UDIG and its potential. My boss and charged me with learning as much about UDIG as possible and I have started working on the net.refractions.udig.style.simple package to add a user interface to create dotted lines. We will be primarily interested in the style editor to start

That sounds fine; please send questions and feedback to the email list; and maybe we can make a wiki page of instructions on how to make a page for the style editor. And then your boss can be impressed with you taking part in the project ;-)

and later a “Save As” capability

I think a Save As capability exists? You can export your style as a OGC ".sld" file right now; I would like to support a few more formats of course ... I have my eye on the OGC Symbology Encoding Specification ;-)

and Kerberos authentication when connecting to a postgresql database (if it doesn’t already work).

I am not quite sure how we will do that one; I know on runk the PostGISDataStore has been modified to accept a java.sql.DataSource - perhaps we can make use of the same idea to let you handle the authentication - and after connected - allow PostGISDataStore to do its thing...

Regardless well met and welcome to the project. To get permission to edit "core udig" I would like one of the existing committers to review your work; but we can cover that when you are ready.
Jody

Back to the top