[udig-devel] How to make PNG safe

The GeoTools list was able to offer me the following "help":

You can turn of native support for the PNG format by doing the following:
- ImageUtilities.allowNativeCodec("png", false, false);

I think I would like to add this to uDig startup; and then we can go back to using the native acceleration for everything other than PNG.
Jody

Jody Garnett wrote:
1 Download from: http://udig.refractions.net/files/jre
2 Unzip into your udig folder
3. Start up udig and check either of the following:
- http://www.bsc-eoc.org/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities - http://205.150.58.109/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities 4. In the default ordering PNG pictures will be requested; in whatever palette format we have trouble with
5. If the pictures appear scrambled try another JRE