Re: [udig-devel] JGrass more and more inside udig

>> a new step towards udig has been luckily done, thanks to all involved
>> people and sponsors on the JGrass side.
>>
>> While JGrass and BeeGIS will stay brands that various institutions
>> like the University of Trento, C.U.D.A.M. and the University of Urbino
>> will want to keep for particular customizations and projects (mainly
>> for funding reasons), the "community editions" will be udig extentions
>> loadable from update sites same as for example the Axios tools.
>> I am very glad we reached that agreement, since now it will take me
>> just that day to set up the update sites and I expect than there will
>> be no more loss of time in packaging (at least not that much).
>> As expected we will continue to keep separated mailinglists (what a
>> pitty, I would love to have just one :) ), because honestly it doesn't
>> make much sense to mix advanced hydrology with WFS.
>>
>> I really hope this will help. For sure it will help me a lot :)
>>
>> Any comment welcome,
>> Ciao,
>> Andrea
> Ciao Andrea, I think you have taken an excellent decision. I was following
> Grass, it is a great project. I will take a look at jGrass the next week,
> probably I will ask a lot of question :).

Hi Mauricio,
glad to hear that, thanks.

In the next week or two will be a good moment to try it out, since
until then I will have the update site up and running and also we have
a person that will write all the xml definitions for all the JGrass
and many Grass commands guis.

Give me a shout before you try, so I can give you a status report.

Andrea

> My congratulation
>
> --
>
> Mauricio Pazos