Re: [udig-devel] uDig project files - mystery solved!

That is something we have done a couple of times now:
- once for "Populations at Risk" we created a custom "Catalog View" where ready made Maps were listed.

Here are a couple of ideas on how to get the same result:
- Slick: Create "Example" wizards that create the map by hand and then add it to the current project. If the examples include shapefiles the files can be copied into the users project directory as part of the example wizard "Finish" action - Cheap: OWS Context documents can be opened; simple export map as an OWS Context document and place the files as links on a web page; drop that web page into the internal browser and you have a nice homebrew equivalent. This one is limited to web resources right now :-(

Cheers,
Jody

David Adler wrote:
Jesse - thanks for the clues.

I installed uDig on my d: drive and since %HOMEPATH% doesn't include a drive designation and the -data directory specification doesn't use %HOMEDRIVE%, it quietly created a "Documents and Settings" on my d: drive. Everything is there.

My basic requirement is to provide an easy way to predefine the layers and styles to be used for a particular map application that can be redistributed along with some data. Full pathnames are a bit of a challenge moving between systems.

David

Back to the top