Re: [udig-devel] uDig project files

Hi Jesse,

The files certainly are buried. I've scanned my whole system looking for these files and can't find them.

Is 'plugin_customizations.ini' a text file that I should find in "Documents and Settings" or in the uDig install directory on Windows?

I don't want to turn off opening maps on startup.

I want to be able to provide a file that contains the datasource connection information, layers and styles to be applied with a standard uDig installation.

In an earlier version of uDig, I found an XML file with an extension of .umap which seemed to include the layer information.

Or do I need to code my own custom application with uDig in the Eclipse development environment?

Regards,
David

Jesse Eichar wrote:
Hi David,

The files are nicely buried. The class StartupOpenMaps controls this behaviour. If you want to disable this behaviour, it is controlled by a Project.UI preference. There are a few ways to modify the preferences by using by: ProjectUIPlugin.getDefault().getPreferenceStore().setValue(PreferenceConstants.P_OPEN_MAPS_ON_STARTUP, false).

A second way to modify the preference if you are creating a custom application, is to specify a properties file with the preferences you want to specify. If you look at the net.refractions.udig plugin there is a file in the root called plugin_customizations.ini. This file specifies some of the preferences we want to use in the uDig application. You could copy that and add:

net.refractions.udig.project.ui/openMapsOnStartup = false

to the file.

There are probably more ways by changing environment variables and so on. But you'll have to check the eclipse help for that.

Jesse