Re: R: [udig-devel] Issue with uDig SDK RC12 and RCP Application

Bah. The versioning of eclipse while good can be a real pain. Thanks for letting us know

Jesse

On Oct 16, 2007, at 9:48 AM, Fabio Da Soghe wrote:

I think I've resolved.

To anyone interested:

I was using Eclipse 3.2 as IDE, and it seems to not properly use Eclipse 3.3 as target platform. I've installed Eclipse SDK 3.3.1 and all works fine.

Cheers,

Fabio

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Per conto
di Fabio Da Soghe
Inviato: martedì 16 ottobre 2007 15.52
A: 'User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS'
Oggetto: [udig-devel] Issue with uDig SDK RC12 and RCP Application

Hello list.

I'm developing an application based on uDig SDK. This
application needs to create its own RCP Product and RCP
Application which substitutes uDig's application at launch time.

All was fine with RC11, but now the switch to RC12 has one
problem. When I run my product there are two applications
that start: mine and uDig itself. It even opens two separate
workbench!

Could it be a side effect of the new Eclipse 3.3 platform?

Digging a bit (a big bit!) I've found (I'm completely new to
Eclipse 3.3) that now Eclipse runtime supports more than one
application at a time. Maybe this is the problem, but still I
don't understand how it's possible to have uDig starting too,
because I run my product which is configured to run my
application. I even configured my application extension point
with the new property "cardinality: singleton-global", with
no effect (endeed it's the default).

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards,

Fabio Da Soghe