Re: [udig-devel] How to get started with Renderer

Adrian Custer ha scritto:
On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 15:35 +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
A simpler design is needed, I hope we'll be able to port the
renderer back to Geotools and radically simplify it at the same time.

Martin is talking more and more about his GO-1 renderer which hopefully
can be simple and *documented*. I have yet to see a block diagram of the
pieces from which I could start understanding how stuff goes together.

Well, if it look even slightly like the old Renderer2D, God save us... only Martin was able to work against it, me, Jesse (and I think even
James and Jody) tried to work against it, and failed.
It was way too complex (besides being totally memory bound). The streaming renderer was written by James and Ian, not the current mantainers, yet me, David and Jesse managed to underdstand, patch and improve it by ourselves. Despite being undocumented, it was orders of magnitude easier to understand and extend.

Last FOSS4G there was some discussion about the new renderer but I guess
we have not gotten around to that work yet.

Yep, indeed.
Cheers
Andrea

Back to the top