[udig-devel] Help with adding layers

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with my icons especially with the events that fire when the user clicks on them. I understand that the AbstractActionTool is used for a basic icon where the user can simply click on it once to fire an event.

However, I'm just starting to learn uDig and I'm becoming more efficianty with Java although I'm still learning. I recently hacked a piece of code from the Internet that enables the user to add a layer I tried to use the AbstractActionTool extension with the code but it gave me an error message stating "the type AddLayer must implement the inherited abstract method Tool.dispose()"

AddLayer is my class name. Whenever I use the AbstractCommand implements UndoableCommand when the user clicks the icon nothing happens so I created another class using the AbstractActionTool extension and called my other class from its run method. This now fires the event but the layer is null when it's clicked giving me a java.lang.NullPointerException. Its obviously wrong so can anyone shed some light on this problem?

James.

Play your part in making history - Email Britain! http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/

Back to the top