[udig-devel] Quick notes from review of database connection patch

Hi ACuster :-)

Here are my notes;

- Host - should list old entries?
- lookup button springs into existence? can we disable it when not applicable so it is not a "surpise" - Hitting tab should select all of the text when moving between feilds (when going from host, to port, to password)
- tab order not straight down the page, password -> lookup -> schema
- Lookup populates the "Database" list ...
- Advanced should be a > V arrow
- connect button hates me! Killed all my settings? And then lookup no longer works.
- Next works nice :-) Displays the list of layers with nice decorators

On the second run (to connect to a different database):
- Recent appears as new field on at the top? This was not here the first time, since we have only one entry we are stuck, if we had an "" entry we could clear out the fields to start from scratch ... and we must select something. Given that Recent has a selection I am not sure if we are modifying or doing something new. - Changing the settings and hitting next, with an invalid connection, produces and error, but then shows list of layers from the first time, interesting! - if the connect button fails we should disable the next button, wonder if we could make this obvious, ask users to press the connect button before Next is an option?

Back to the top