[udig-devel] Re: [Gvsig_english] udig

Marcel St-Germain wrote:
Hi, about "competition" with udig, I contact them about collaboration with gvsig project.

They are interested. If I remember the big point to iron out was the type of licence for the two projects who differs. They tell me that they will contact gvsig project.

I do not know if that occur....???

Each project have their goals. why reinvent the well if joint development could be made. Wait and see.

Hi Marcel,

I haven't seen any discussion about this on the uDig list -- I think all that happened was an informal chat at the FOSS4G conference.

As a result of your mail, we brought up this topic in our weekly uDig meeting:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10099

I've also added a skeleton page on the OSGeo wiki, since OpenJUMP has been talking to GeoTools as well about collaboration:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Java_GIS_Collaboration

The natural point of sharing between these projects is GeoAPI and GeoTools. So let's talk.

Cheers,
Cory.

---
Cory Horner