Re: [udig-devel] Question #3 - How the Shaperenderer works

Bernhard Kastner wrote:
I'm currently playing around with the org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer and wondering how it works: Am I assuming correctly, that it tries to draw the image to a Graphics2D-object, which also may be an image?

the normal J2D-renderer has the ability to simply "createScrollpane()". Is it possible to do this for any kind of shapefile- or literenderer? That would be much more easier to use (because one does not have to mess up with the Graphics2D-object, the envelope and so on (if I got that right))
The problem is "the otherway around", a class that nobody has implemented yet for geotools needs to be the scrollpane and use a GTRenderer (that is ShapefileRenderer or StreamingRenderer) as required to draw content.

In uDig the choice of which renderer to use is handled by the RendererManager, in udig there is also the option of using Renderers that know how to make WMS requests.

Did that help?

Jody

Back to the top