[udig-devel] Compatibility & Testing (was New Tasks/Features)

Thanks for working through PostGIS connection this week everyone.

In the spirity of helping Jesse with testing I have created:
-<http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Compatability+Matrix>

>               version   status
> DB2                     requires spatial extention
> Shapefile
> PostGIS       1.0.3 	  reports of problems, no known jira
>               1.0.1

> GeoServer 	1.3.0-RC2 WMS & WFS
>               1.2.4
> MapServer     4.8       WMS works, WFS has a filter inconpatability
>               4.7       WMS & WFS
>               4.6       WMS & WFS
> GeoTIFF                 grabs memory, consider World + TIFF
> World + Image           gif, png, jpg, jpeg,tif or tiff

> Updatesite
> Oracle 	???
> ArcSDE 	???

If anyone has tried anything else please edit that page, or reply to this email and we can get it in the list. (I know lots of WMS servers work, but I don't always know the technology behind them, the same goes for PostGIS and database versions).

Cheers,
Jody

Jesse Eichar wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just added a bunch of tasks that really need to be done in order for uDig to be "complete" feature-wise. Since I am going to be busy working on these feature I won't be able to do as much testing as I'd like. If any all of you on the list could work on testing and providing good reports I would appreciate it.

Please assign them to version 1.0.2 so that we can find them easily.

Thanks

Jesse

Back to the top