Re: [udig-devel] The World's on its side! (projection issue)

The .prj file is saying that the first axis is Lat and the second axis is Lon. Open the .shp portion and inspect the actual ordinates. It seems likely to me that this is an error in the .prj file in this case, because if it were correct geotools would have actually done the correct axis swap and things would have worked right. My guess is that geotools is doing everything right, but that the input information is actually wrong: in addition to checking the ordinates, try reversing the order of the AXIS elements in the .prj, to make sure geotools is in fact picking them up and trying to use them (I think it is).

P.