[udig-devel] Re: Exporting the user guide

Jody wrote:
> Other projects use a leading page number in the title of the page.

I dont believe this! This is a solution from the 18th century - and for a
dynamic wiki page like ours completely useless ... unless you employ some
student that daily renumbers the pages if one has been added or removed. ;-)

> If you look at this link:
> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/Navigation+Macros
> You will see a plugin I really want to add to our system. It provides
> next/previous buttons at the bottom of the page.

As far as I understand it, this above macro assumes the above mentioned
alpanumerical page numbering (01, 02 etc.) in order to work. So I consider it
equally useless for our project.

> They use html contents and HTMLDOC to generate pdf files.

.. which is commercial. Not very nice.

> I did look into several of these eclipse based solutions (such as
> TinyHTML) but honestly none of them were that great?

So, how do you suggest a printable PDF user document should get created?
Or maybe we forget about this idea until Confluence offers a better solution for
page ordering.

Matthias Basler

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top