Re: [udig-devel] Re: Exporting the user guide

Matthias Basler wrote:

Jody wrote:
Other projects use a leading page number in the title of the page.
I dont believe this! This is a solution from the 18th century - and for a
dynamic wiki page like ours completely useless ... unless you employ some
student that daily renumbers the pages if one has been added or removed. ;-)
Then there is the cutting edge solution. Prefix your names with various whitespace unicode characters to establish an
order.

I did look into several of these eclipse based solutions (such as
TinyHTML) but honestly none of them were that great?
So, how do you suggest a printable PDF user document should get created?
Or maybe we forget about this idea until Confluence offers a better solution for
page ordering.
I think so. I have requested to be contacted by one of there partners on these matters. I am willing to do the leading number solution as an experiment for the developers guide. If we can establish page order (somehow)
we will have:
- one step export for plugin with toc file
- pdf export
- next/prev buttons

All of which people really want.

Jody

BTW: For geotools I made a page that included all the pages I wanted in order, I could then export that single page as a PDF or print it from a browser. We could fallback to this as solution for providing a printed version of the Basic tutorial.

You can see this idea in action here:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Geotools+Developers+Guide?decorator=printable

Back to the top