Re: [udig-devel] Re: TOC and Page Names

Jody Garnett wrote:

I would like to do it this way (same page names everywhere), users of online help will never see these names. We already (because of the eclipse help system) need each page to supply its own heading text (if it cares to have a title).

We have several positives (being able to link to alternate translations), and being able to default through to the missing page screen of confluence.
And one negative having to do extra syntax when linking inline.

There is another (big, IMO) negative: it forces every translated help system to mirror the English one exactly. Also this forces the guides to be more maintainable. If you change the name of a page on one guide, you have to change it across guides. I think it is best left up to each individual guide to determine its content.

Richard

Back to the top