Re: [udig-devel] Exapanding PicoContainer into a uDig component

Hi

Yes OK name your time and agender I will find a quite space and gather all doc's etc together. I currently in Manchester but will be moving to London Wednesday in budget meetings Thursday Friday

Tony

Jody Garnett wrote:

Tony Kennedy wrote:

I now need to expand the original connector a (picocontainer in the catalog) to make uDig a component in every sense. One of the features that has attracted users to uDig is its ability to be easily integrated as a component into arbitrary services across disparate architectures (the service bus) so some care is needed here to preserve this impression and if possible enhance it, as the responses to my original inquiry indicate this is not going to be a simple task.

Tony do you have time for a conference call? I would really like to integrate more of your work into core uDig if possible, I am especially in keeping your project and the recent Populations at Risk project from duplicating code (especially if the code is best situated at the framework level).

I am afraid I am out of town next week, if you are too busy I will understand. Perhaps an IRC meeting would be more to your liking.

I trust you have seen:
-<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Meta+Information+Infrastructure> -<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/SIS+Meta+Infrastructure+current+software>

Right now I am kind of guessing your requirements, listening to Justin's requirements, and thinking about the above links.
Jody