Re: [sumo-user] Cooperative lane-changing

By default, traci-triggered lane changes are treated like strategic changes (they trigger cooperative lane changing and speed adjustment by surrounding vehicles).
See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Change_Vehicle_State.html#lane_change_mode_0xb6
Regarding cooperation-relevant code, look for LCA_COOPERATIVE, informNeighLeader and informNeighFollower.