Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** LSF support

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:30:37 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Dave,
>
> now that I could run jobs, I saw <jobname>.err and <jobname>.out in the
> place  you described. I have a similar wish as I had for LoadL stdout and
> stderr naming before - could you please add %J to the the default file
> names ? Like this.
> #BSUB -e $CUR_DIR/$DEFAULT_FILE_NAME.%J.err
> #BSUB -o $CUR_DIR/$DEFAULT_FILE_NAME.%J.out
>
> I put in $DEFAULT_FILE_NAME as a place holder for whatever you had in place
> before.
>
> This way, each job output gets a new name and doesn't overwrite earlier job
> outputs - or well it seems to actually append to earlier job outputs. But
> still I would like to keep outputs from different jobs separate.
>
> I tried to experiment with "STDOUT path (new)" - to no avail.

Dave,

I managed to achieve what I wanted by adding
"-o hello.%J.out -e hello.%J.err" to "Other options". But it would still be
desirable to have separate option entries for -o and -e.

For some reason, the job queue didn't show up in the inactive jobs list. I am
sure I submitted it to queue "i06h", but the job queue was displayed in the
inactive job list for all jobs - but mine.

...and where do I specify that I want to run a parallel job ? I am missing an
option entry for the -n option. Also, for the LoadL support, there was a menu
window where I could choose whether to prepend "poe", "mpirun" or nothing to
the executable. I would like to see something similar for LSF.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top