Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** LSF support

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 13:40:54 ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Christoph
> [...]
> By default, output goes to the directory containing your application. If I
> use /bin/cp then output is attempted to bin You can override that by
> unchecking the checkbox on the arguments tab that says use default working
> directory and specifying an alternate directory
> Dave

Dave,

now that I could run jobs, I saw <jobname>.err and <jobname>.out in the place
you described. I have a similar wish as I had for LoadL stdout and stderr
naming before - could you please add %J to the the default file names ? Like
this.
#BSUB -e $CUR_DIR/$DEFAULT_FILE_NAME.%J.err
#BSUB -o $CUR_DIR/$DEFAULT_FILE_NAME.%J.out

I put in $DEFAULT_FILE_NAME as a place holder for whatever you had in place
before.

This way, each job output gets a new name and doesn't overwrite earlier job
outputs - or well it seems to actually append to earlier job outputs. But
still I would like to keep outputs from different jobs separate.

I tried to experiment with "STDOUT path (new)" - to no avail.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top