Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** LSF support

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 13:40:54 you wrote:
> Christoph
> The list of queues should be filled in when the run config dialog opens.
> The resource manager runs the 'bqueues' command when the dialog opens.  If
> the queue list is not being filled in then I'm suspicious that your login
> script is not running the LSF environment setup command, which is required
> since LSF can be installed anywhere. This may also explain your monitoring
> problem.

Dave,

your suspicion was *absolutely* right.

As my .bashrc was derived from a standard RedHat bashrc template, I would
guess that more people than just me will stumble over this. So perhaps there
should be a corresponding update in the documentation.

My ~/.bashrc contained the following two stanzas.
a) [presumably coming from the RedHat template]
# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return

b) [added by me when starting to use LSF]
# set up LSF
if [ -r ~lsfadmin/lsf/conf/profile.lsf ]; then
  . ~lsfadmin/lsf/conf/profile.lsf
fi

If a) comes before b) then you can run bqueues after ordinary login,
but "ssh i06n132.pbm.ihost.com bqueues" will fail and eclipse LSF
support will show the errors I described in an earlier post.

If b) comes before a), "ssh i06n132.pbm.ihost.com bqueues" works fine and so
does Eclipse LSF support.

- Except that the monitor screen still looks very odd.

It only shows a couple of white boxes. As there are two running jobs, I should
expect some colored boxes somewhere. Perhaps this is due to the fact that this
LSF instance schedules jobs for at least two different clusters ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top