From:        Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        02/19/2013 12:48 PM
Subject:        Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) **        LSF support
Sent by:        ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:06:54 ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Christoph
> Once you open the run configuration and select the IBM Platform LSF target
> system configuration you should see the resources tab of the run
> configuration populated with a list of LSF options where you need to fill
> in values as needed.
>
> The monitor should not exit with return code 1. I'm not familiar with the
> monitoring side so I can't offer any suggestions why this happened.
>
> Was this only on the first attempt to start the monitor or do all
> subsequent attempts to start the monitor also fail? If it's only the first
> time, then maybe there's a sequencing/timing problem where the monitoring
> code tries to start the script but it's not there yet since
> ~/.eclipsesettings needs to be rebuilt.
> Dave

Dave,

I just retried after tearing down and recreating the PTP synchronized project.
This is what I found.

I tried to submit my LSF job, but I couldn't enter the job queue. There was a
pull down menu for that, but it was empty. I knew the name of the queue
("i06"), but I couldn't cut and paste it into the appropriate field.

Submitting the job anyway, I was asked whether I want to open the monitor
perspective and I said "yes". I got a window with the following message.
LML DA driver (i06)
LML monitor job
LSF job submission: <some long character string>
Launching hello_par_i06
...and in the detail window
server finished with exit code 1

The monitor was stopped; trying to restart it also ended with exit code 1 -
same window as before, but lacking the two lines with job submission.

pospiech@i06n132:/gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech$ bjobs -a
No job found

No output file was generated (BTW - where do you define the name of the output
file ?).

This is reproducible.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards