Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** convert to synchronized project

On Monday, February 18, 2013 16:14:50 John Eblen wrote:

> Hi

> I cannot reproduce this problem. When I run "Project->Clean..." the

> binaries on the

> remote machine for the current configuration are correctly removed.

> The empty text box in the configuration is for adding additional arguments

> to the

> "make clean" command, I think, so it is correct that it is empty by default.

> John

John,

I removed the word "clean" from text box in the configuration and fired off a "Project->Clean...". This is what I saw with Juno SR2 (RC4 build).

12:02:43 **** Clean-only build of configuration i06_remote for project hello_par ****

make

**** Environment configuration script temporarily stored in /tmp/ptpscript_khiBNZ ****

make

make -C /gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/obj_Linux_intel64 -f /gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/Makefile /gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/bin_Linux_intel64/hello_par

make[1]: Entering directory `/gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/obj_Linux_intel64'

make[1]: `/gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/bin_Linux_intel64/hello_par' is up to date.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/gpfs/fs1/scratch/pospiech/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par/obj_Linux_intel64'

12:02:47 Build Finished (took 3s.961ms)

...which is a "make" and not a "make clean".

But, when trying the same for the local project, "Project->Clean..." really does a make clean.

12:04:40 **** Clean-only build of configuration Default_local for project hello_par ****

make clean

rm -rf /home/cp/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par//obj_Linux *.c~ Makefile~ core*

rm -f /home/cp/DKRZdemo/xample/hello_par//bin_Linux/hello_par

12:04:40 Build Finished (took 60ms)

Perhaps the trick is that there is one local project and two (!) remote projects, one Linux and one AIX. The one that was generated via the wizard "convert to a syncronized project" is behaving as you described - text box is empty, but "Project->Clean..." does a make clean.

The second remote project couldn't be created via this wizard, because the project already was a synchronized project. So I added another Build configuration and used project manager->properties to adapt the appropriate values. This project shows the strange make clean behavior. Could I have done something wrong in creating this second remote end ? If so, what pitfalls are to be avoided ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top