Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** convert to synchronized project

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:15:55 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Perhaps the trick is that there is one local project and two (!) remote
> projects, one Linux and one AIX. The one that was generated via the wizard
> "convert to a syncronized project" is behaving as you described - text box
> is  empty, but "Project->Clean..." does a make clean.

John,

I am afraid I have to take back what I guessed above. To verify my above
claim, I shut down eclipse, opened .profile and removed the following entry.
<nature>org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.remoteSyncNature</nature>
Also I removed .ptp-sync on the local system and all remote copies of the
project (rm -rf on the remote root directory)
Then I opened eclipse, opened "Manage configurations", scratched the two remote
configurations and renamed "Default_local" into "Default".

Then I restarted eclipse and called the "convert to a synchronized project"
wizard again - this time for the remote location that posed the problems
before.
Then I did a make and a "Project->Clean..." , and the latter really did a make
clean.

Finally, I added a second remote location. This time I was copying the first
remote location and only changed the remote root directory (In particular, I
kept the same remote host).
Then I did a make and a "Project->Clean..." , and the latter really did a make
clean -again (Huh ??).
I also tried with another remote host - now I can't reproduce the problem
either. The effect that I was trying to hunt down was more elusive than I
thought :-(

I will keep my eyes open and report back...
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top