Re: [ptp-dev] Apple/Java?

Not entirely true. IBM makes its own JVM for Windows, AIX, and Linux/PPC, among other platforms.

OSX is not currently one of them however.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---10/26/2010 06:58:11 PM---I think an interesting point is that no other platform does iGreg Watson ---10/26/2010 06:58:11 PM---I think an interesting point is that no other platform does it's own jvm. Sun/Oracle provide the Lin

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/26/2010 06:58 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Apple/Java?

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think an interesting point is that no other platform does it's own jvm. Sun/Oracle provide the Linux/windows versions, so it seems likely they'll also provide a Lion version.

http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/10/apple-deprecates-java