Re: [ptp-dev] Apple/Java?

Actually I think Apple has legitimate reasons, beyond growing the wall
of their garden, to use an appstore and eventually block out other
platforms. I don't like it but they are anyway catering to another
crowd.

There is little doubt Oracle would have any problems creating a JDK on
OSX without X11. Years back it was the other way around, where SWT
wasn't available or far from perfect on other platforms then Windows
and consequently Eclipse was very quirky on OSX. Back then I developed
http://eos.sf.net which worked quite well. A sister project tried the
opposite by replacing AWT/Swing with SWT: http://swingwt.sf.net. Maybe
this approach would be useful for now to use OpenJDK without X11 on
OSX.

Dieter

Back to the top