[microprofile-wg] Fwd: [microprofile-steering] 2024 MicroProfile Working Group Budget Review and Approval

FYI. I plan to start a ballot on Tuesday, as we discussed, to provide time for feedback.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sharon Corbett via microprofile-steering <microprofile-steering@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [microprofile-steering] 2024 MicroProfile Working Group Budget Review and Approval
Date: November 15, 2023 at 3:18:04 PM PST
To: MicroProfile Steering Committee <microprofile-steering@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Sharon Corbett <sharon.corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Steering Committee:

Thank you for attending the exceptional steering committee yesterday to review the 2024 MicroProfile Working Group Budget.  We acknowledge more notice of the meeting would have allowed us to provide more advance details regarding the new Shared Service being introduced for Events Support.  We recognize doing so would have been an advantage for everyone.

As per the discussion and to expand further, the Events Support line item is to support the promotion of Java related WGs including MicroProfile at industry events attended by Eclipse as well to continue to build on the Java focused Community Day success experienced at EclipseCon this year to continue to drive awareness of MicroProfile thus growing the community and specifications.

Feedback received during the call will be taken into account in order to enhance our budget communication and planning processes for moving forward.

As per presentation, I would ask John as the Steering Committee Chair to call for an electronic vote as per the attached budget (single file) using the Steering Committee’s typical 14 day ballot approach.

Thank you,
Sharon

Sharon Corbett
Program Director, Industry Collaborations Operations
Eclipse Foundation