Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] emf validation in Papyrus

Dear Ansgar,

We have an implementation of our constraints (not done by me
unfortunately) that has been made following the tutorial you suggested
with a ClientContext and a selector class. However if we launch the
validation from the Papyrus menu (via right-click from the model
explorer) it ignore our additional constraints. Do you have any idea
of what could be wrong? I know it is hard ti answer without knowing
the context, if you need further informations i'll try to provide
them.

Best Regards,
Nicholas

2011/1/13, Ansgar Radermacher <ansgar.radermacher@xxxxxx>:
> Dear Nicholas,
>
> this is quite simple: just follow the tutorial in
> http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.emf.validation.doc/tutorials/validationTutorial.html
> for batch constraints. It is necessary to create a ClientContext, the
> selector class could for instance just check whether the passed element
> is a UML model element, e.g.
>
> public class ValidationDelegateClientSelector implements IClientSelector {
>      /**
>       * Queries whether to select the specified object, which indicates
> that it
>       * belongs to this client context.
>       *
>       * @param object a model element of some kind
> client
>       *     context; <code>false</code>, otherwise
>       */
>      public boolean selects(Object object) {
>          return (object instanceof Element);
>      }
> }
>
> Once registered, your constraints should be checked and lead marked
> model elements within Papyrus.
>
> Best regards
>
> Ansgar
>

> On 01/11/2011 02:42 PM, Nicholas Pacini wrote:
>> Dear Ansgar,
>>
>> thank you for your reply. I asked about the status of the emf
>> validation in Papyrus for the following reason:
>> At the moment i'm working on the CHESS project which relies on the
>> Papyrus editor. In this project we have defined an UML profile and
>> several constraints (in OCL and Java) that have to be applied during
>> the validation of models that comply with our profile.
>> What we whished to know is how we could link our constraints with your
>> validation, according to the current implementation of Papyrus.
>>
>> Thanks for your attention,
>> Best Regards,
>> Nicholas
>>
>> 2010/12/24, RADERMACHER Ansgar 206501<Ansgar.RADERMACHER@xxxxxx>:
>>> Dear Nicholas,
>>>
>>> I'm not very happy using the internal function, I principally wanted to
>>> avoid to duplicate code that is already present. For additional
>>> constraints,
>>> we use the standard EMF extension point, i.e. in the moment I do not see
>>> need to customize the EValidatorAdapter.
>>> =>  could it be made a non-internal function?
>>> The alternative is to create a minimal EValidatorAdapter in Papyrus.
>>>
>>> Btw. I also use the internal Modisco class LinkItem in function
>>> tryChildIfEmpty() of class ValidationTool: in order to know, if it should
>>> be
>>> decorated with a marker, I need to know the EObject of the childs.
>>> =>  is there a cleaner way to get the information about the childs?
>>> =>  if not, could LinkItem be made non-internal?
>>>
>>> Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
>>>
>>> Ansgar

>>> mdt-papyrus.dev mailing list