[lsp4e-dev] Handling non-standard SymbolKind values

Hi all,

We are experimenting with connecting LSP4E to the CQuery C++ language server [1], and one of the issues we are running into is that CQuery supports some non-standard SymbolKind values (used in e.g. the textDocument/documentSymbol request) beyond those specified in the LSP spec [2].

Right now, when LSP4E receives such a non-standard value, an exception is triggered:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.lsp4e.outline.SymbolsLabelProvider.getStyledText(SymbolsLabelProvider.java:155)

Is there some way that we, in the lsp4e-cpp plugin, can support these non-standard SymbolKind values? I'm not necessarily looking to e.g. supply custom icons for them; just falling back to a default icon, or even just omitting the corresponding entries from Outline view would be fine for now. Basically, we just want to avoid the exception, which currently causes the Outline view to not be populated at all.

Thanks,
Nate

[1] https://github.com/cquery-project/cquery/
[2] https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/specification#textDocument_documentSymbol