Re: [Technology-pmc] distribute imageio-ext 1.1.5

On 07/02/2013 05:24 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
Hi Jody.

AFAIK, there was no special exceptions made for any specific libraries when we created LocationTech. LocationTech has the ability to distribute LGPL libraries (so long as they pass the due diligence process). This applies to any library distributed by any LocationTech project.

Or have I misunderstood your statement?
You understood me, I was under the impression the exception for LGPL was limited to a few specific key technologies.

Jody

Hi Guys,

Jody is correct, there was a unanimous board resolution for pre-approval for specific technologies. The following is the actual resolution.

Andrew

"RESOLVED, The Board unanimously approves the use of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) for the following third-party components distributed by projects hosted by the Location Industry Working Group:

Geotools, JTS, and GEOS, including their dependencies licensed under either the LGPL, or other licenses previously approved by the Board.

Such projects must be clearly be identified as separate and distinct from Eclipse Foundation projects, hosted on a web property other than eclipse.org, and not using the org.eclipse namespace."

Back to the top