Re: [linuxtools-dev] State of remote launch capability in linux tools

On 09/28/2011 05:32 AM, Michel Dagenais wrote:

>> So, what parts of RDT would there be dependencies on?
>> Could these dependencies be optional?
>>
>> I've seen the RDT Launcher mentioned... can you point me to the code,
>> for reviewing it?
>
> We are also interested in this topic for supporting remote tracing with LTTng. The parallel tools have interesting features, already supporting cluster debugging.
>
> If I understand correctly, RDT requires Java on the target?!? This could be a serious problem for our intended uses.

It requires a JRE (not the compiler) on the remote machine for indexing
source code that resides on the remote machine.  For other operations,
such as launching, debugging, and profiling, I don't think a JRE is
needed.  Most if not everything else is done via ssh or sftp, is my
understanding.

- Corey

Back to the top