Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Proposal: Refactoring "Remove unused members"

Hi Mariano,
thanks for your detailed description of the problem and suggested solution.

I think that before we start thinking about the implementation, we need to focus on the user experience here:
- how do people invoke the refactoring? (what they select, etc)
- what does the ui look like?
-- what is the input that the refactoring needs?
-- is all the input available at once, or do we need to ask additional questions
        after some part of the analysis has been performed?
- what are the possible errors and how to present them to the user?
- an application has many 'root' entry points normally (elements that are always 'reachable') e.g. the main method is the most
obvious one, but every test... method is an entry point in a class that subclasses junit.framework.TestCase, everything in
not-internal packages in eclipse's source code is an entry point, etc. We need a way to collect that information from the user in an
intuitive way.

a.
--
eclipse.org