Re: [jaxrs-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] TCK Assertion Numbers

Hi,

Different specs were probably using different tools to generate xml & the corresponding htmls. I  checked with @jansupol and adding some info on generating the assertion files that was followed.

1. For generation of the xml files from the api jar, https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/scripts assert-gen.sh could be used.
2. Then you merge it with existing xml assertion list using https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/assert-merge or https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/assert-merge-edited.
3. build html with https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/scripts assert-num-api2-html.sh
4. Use https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/legacy-assert to compute the code coverage xmls
5. run https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/assertion-coverage to generate html from the coverage xml.

For platform spec, we did use the steps in https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/wiki/Steps-to-generate-the-html-version-of-the-SpecAssertions.xml for generating the html version of assertion xmls, instead of the step 3 above.

Earlier the jakartaee-tck/internal/docs folder had the original assertion files generated but since this directory was not added to the tck bundle, the required documents were copied over to install/ folder. I think it is safe to remove the ones in jakartaee-tck/internal/docs/{tck}/ if there is a duplicate copy in jakartaee-tck/install/{tck}/docs/.

Regards,
Alwin