Re: [jaxrs-dev] TCK Assertion Numbers

You may find these references helpful:

Very roughly, the process (and it is not even remotely error-free, nor fully automated):

  1. Extract spec assertions from pdf spec docs as xml using  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/extract-spec-assertions
  2. Extract api assertions from pdf spec docs as xml using https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/master/tools/extract-api-assertions
  3. Convert xml spec assertions to html documents : https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/wiki/Steps-to-generate-the-html-version-of-the-SpecAssertions.xml

Any additional clarifications/updates would be welcomed as an addition to the TCK Wiki page.

For the purposes of our Jakarta EE 9 effort, we have tried to limit the changes to simple substitution of jakarta for javax in method/assertion signatures. Little to no effort has been spent on the assertion description bodies. We realize this is imperfect, but we haven't had the time to properly regenerate the assertion lists.

Thanks!