Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Batch TCK discussion continued - Junit 5, Arquillian, etc.

Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 11:08 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is what arquillian is and it is adopted. Another api wouldnt get as much traction - tomcat wouldnt be under radar for ex - until it is done by the api creator.
So personally i wouldnt invest in it or ewpect vendors to follow and redo arquillian already work so we would end up with another arquillian bridge i think.
Arquillian was bringing a simpler way to write tck tests, a standard arquillian would bring a vendor neutral way, less value IMHO.

Maybe, anyway, I just wanted to put the idea out there. Perhaps, if Red Hat would be open to it, donating Arquillian core (without the forest of extensions) to EE4J and/or the TCK project, might be worth considering.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top