Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Batch TCK discussion continued - Junit 5, Arquillian, etc.

Le ven. 28 mai 2021 à 22:12, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 9:01 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can but it is abandonned by all but EE TCK suites in favor of lighter and more app oriented solution (but less portable) so not sure it would pay.

In this context, does that really matter? A vendor neutral API for mostly our TCK replacements (for which Faces has already done an initial, currently in the Mojarra project: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mojarra/tree/master/test2) would IMHO already have much value here.

This is what arquillian is and it is adopted. Another api wouldnt get as much traction - tomcat wouldnt be under radar for ex - until it is done by the api creator.
So personally i wouldnt invest in it or ewpect vendors to follow and redo arquillian already work so we would end up with another arquillian bridge i think.
Arquillian was bringing a simpler way to write tck tests, a standard arquillian would bring a vendor neutral way, less value IMHO.

Kind regards,
Arjan